Gave keynote at Haystack Connect 2017 biennial conference in Tampa, FL on May 9. (First keynote speaker at two Haystack conferences in a row.) Title “IoT Semantic Interoperability and Project Haystack: Beginning of a Beautiful Friendship”.
The primary intent was to promote a call to action to Haystack community to participate in defining cross-standards interoperable data formats in collaboration with other standards bodies. Key topics covered:
- What is semantic interoperability and why it is important?
- Overview and positioning of standards that include sensor data and meta-data models
- Conjecture that it is no longer likely for a dominant standard to emerge, so go for interoperability
- Interoperability POC as a feasibility proof
- Next steps – technical and standards collaboration
Judging by a number of side conversations with participants, audience reception was very favorable. Haystack principals expressed additional interest and support in a private meeting, we plan to follow up with other standards. Link to presentation.